David is an award winning lean expert. He has many years of experience in applying, coaching and managing lean implementations & transformations. He started his career as an apprentice electrician and over a 25 year period he had worked his way up to a senior management level for a large blue-chip manufacturing company. Dave`s extensive lean knowledge was nurtured, coached and trained by the world famous Mckinsey & Co whilst carrying out an extensive transformation within the Manufacturing plant. On leaving his post in 2011, David opened his first company. Using a lean methodology to set the structure of the company, Dave gained great insight into how lean plays a part in the success of start-ups giving them the edge whilst going through a scale up. As an Engineer David understands the M&E, Construction, Housing, FMCG and Facilities management sectors very well, he has helped develop and implement many lean projects within this sector. His ability to “know people” has given him great success in coaching individual’s and teams from all levels to succeed.
Dave is also: A school Governor (Resource Team), A local LEP board member, an IOEE member, An approved/registered growth coach for the Business Growth Service, A Lean Competency System certifier
Dave’s Key Success includes:
• Winning the prestigious Tim Baily award for lean excellence in 2012
• Creating a PPM system for over 500 machines, including SOPs, Work instructions and a team training system using TWI techniques. Year one a 45% reduction in lost production time.
• Increasing site wide production OEE by 35% in the first 3 months of change, and then increasing every month.
• Developing a comprehensive skills matrix with in access of 1000 training work instructions, with an individual matrix for each of the 300 employee`s. this included trained assessors and a structured in house training system, this system closed the skill gap within the organisation.
• Increasing the OEE from 35% percent to 88% whilst saving £28,000,000 per annum on one production line in the first 6 months of the lean transformation.